Header Source: https://flic.kr/p/dPcExT
So, I missed the 66% check-in and I’ve just hit the 90 day check-in: the DEXA scan after 90 days.
And it was not the result I wanted.
It was pretty disappointing. Basically, it looks like I’ve been stalling in the same way for the last 90 days I’ve been stalling most of the year. I lost about 0.5kg, but according to the DEXA scan, that was mainly muscle not fat.
The feeling that I’ve wasted 90 days is pretty devastating. The guy at the DEXA scan even said I looked crushed…
But, there’s no point getting annoyed with the data: at least I now know what not to do!
Where do we go from here?
Ok, let’s start over again…
What were the issues?
It’s hard to say. All the stats seemed to point that everything was fine. Weight was going down, body fat was going down.
Personally I think it was probably the easiest problem: Too many cheat days and Not enough exercise
How can I solve this?
I’m starting a new challenge starting from now. And I’m going for a much simpler
- Maintain a calorific deficit consistently.
- Aim for at least 90% of days a month under goal with MyFitnessPal.
- No more excuses for cheat days: if I can’t resist temptation, don’t go! Or eat beforehand…
- Gym at least 4 times a week:
- 3 weightlifting sessions, one cardio. Running seems like a good option and something that’s easy to see an improvement pretty fast. Couch to 10km seems like a good plan.
- Sign-up for something like Crossfit: something where I can consistently go to a class and work my ass off to work up a sweat and notice changes.
So, from today: August 30th, let’s try this all again.